Thursday, 7 February 2013

I haven't gone mad. I KNOW Christmas is over!



Over the 2 1/2 years since i made this i have had a ton of requests for a pattern for this block.   I can't believe how popular it is. It's had over 2200 views on Flickr and appears to have been pinned on Pinterest (i WILL join that one of these days!!) a ton of times too.

Writing some instructions has been languishing on my to-do list and has never made it to the top. I finally got a rocket up my bum after receiving a lovely e-mail from Susan in Oklahoma.  Her e-mail brightened my day so much that i really wanted to finally get some instructions done.

There are instructions for how to make this 10" blocks, and i have added fabric calculations for those of you who might want to make a quilt. The links to download the PDFs for the pattern and the templates are on my Patterns/Tutorials tab at the top of the page.

Have fun!



4 comments:

  1. What a fun and pretty Christmas block. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that is gorgeous. I might even consider making it in different colors without the berries because I love the way you did the leaves so much. It reminds me of a stained-glass cathedral window.

    A lot of us on Kollabora, the online crafting community, have been looking for quilting inspiration lately. Do you have any projects you'd be interested in posting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. . i just found you website and just getting to know my way around here from what i seen so far it fantastic keep up the super work i got to go now but i be back very soon best of luck to all you people. graphics are very nice. it's a fantstic web site super job. WWW.WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET (you might like the crafts tips ) it got wonderful colors your quilts pictures/photo look fantastic so have a merry christmas and a wonderful new year. if you like crafts hobbies sports and ideas my website has lots of videos on how to do all of them and more so take a look and see for your self and if you like what you see tell all your friends. it all free information cant beat that,. my website got quilt quilting and quilting tips videos just navigate the website.

    ReplyDelete